- The candidate must have got an undergraduate degree (S1) in the field of Computer Science, Informatics Engineering, Information Technology, Information System, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or other fields related to Information Technology.
- The candidate must have passed the admission test that is held by Universitas Indonesia (SIMAK UI) which consists of Academic Potential Test (TPA) and English academic test (grammar, vocabulary, reading).
Term of Study
- Competencies and capabilities listed below are the Information Technology Magister Program targets:
- Basic knowledge and expertise in the field of Information Technology
- Solid integration of Information Technology in the the basic function of one organization/ business
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Communication skills, interpersonal, and work in team within the scope of the business/ organization
Dual Mode Program
- ITCore, consisting of compulsory core classes covering the fundamentals of IT, forming the bulk of the classes in the first two semesters.
- System Integration and Career Tracking, where the students take classes of their choice in accordance to what they choose to specialize in. These classes, taken in the 3rd and 4th semesters, are more advanced courses that build up on the ITCore courses.
The available classes cover 4 different topics:
- Software engineering
- Enterprise Systems
- IT Governance
- Information Management
At the end of the program each student must create a final project. The MTI’s curriculum recapitulation can be seen below:
MTI UI bekerjasama dengan beberapa partner di luar negeri, membuka kesempatan untuk double-degree program Master (S2). Program ini diselenggarakan dengan skema : tahun pertama perkuliahan di MTI UI dan tahun kedua di universitas partner di luar negeri. Mahasiswa akan memperoleh dua gelar (dari Fasilkom UI dan Universitas Partner).
Program S2 yang ditawarkan oleh Fasilkom UI yaitu :
- S2-MIK (Magister Ilmu Komputer)
- S2-MTI (Magister Teknologi Informasi)
Saat ini terdapat beberapa partner double degree dari MTI UI yaitu :
(1) RMIT University (Australia)
Master of Computer Science
(2) National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST)
Department of Information Management
(3) The University of Melbourne, Australia
Melbourne School of Engineering
Saat ini MTI UI sedang melakukan penjajakan kerjasama double degree dengan partner lainnya di Australia dan Eropa.
Mekanisme Program S2-Double Degree
Calon mahasiswa melakukan pendaftaran online SIMAK UI (Seleksi Masuk UI) di www.penerimaan.ui.ac.id dan memilih program S2 Fasilkom UI yang akan ditempuh (S2-MTI). Panduan selengkapnya tentang pendaftaran dan jadwal penerimaan mahasiswa baru, tersedia pada website penerimaan UI. Pelaksanaan seleksi terdiri dari : Seleksi administrasi, Tes Potensi Akademik, Tes Bahasa Inggris.
Setelah diterima dan lolos seleksi di program S2 Fasilkom UI, mahasiswa ybs dapat mengajukan ke Ketua Program Studi untuk rencana program S2-Double Degree ke universitas partner. Pendaftaran ke universitas partner dilakukan secara online sesuai informasi dan panduan pada website universitas partner. Pelaksanaan seleksi terdiri dari : seleksi administrasi dan nilai TOEFL/ IELTS.
Pembiayaan dan Kesempatan Beasiswa
Pembiayaan untuk studi S2-Double Degree dapat dilakukan dengan pendanaan sendiri oleh mahasiswa maupun melalui dukungan beasiswa. Mahasiswa dapat secara mandiri mencari dukungan beasiswa untuk rencana S2-Double Degree nya melalui Program Beasiswa yang disediakan oleh Lembaga-Lembaga Penyelenggara Beasiswa (seperti misalnya : beasiswa LPDP, beasiswa DIKTI, beasiswa AAS – Australia Awards Scholarships), Universitas partner (seperti yang diberikan oleh NTUST), maupun beasiswa lainnya.
Informasi lebih lanjut, dapat menghubungi : email@example.com
- How many magister programs does FASILKOM UI offer?
FASILKOM UI offers three: two masters programs and one doctoral program.
- Information Technology Magister Program (MTI)
- Computer Science Magister Program (MIK)
- Computer Science Doctoral Program (DIK)
- How would one apply for admission for the aforementioned programs?
The only way to be accepted is through UI’s Entrance Selection (SIMAK UI).
- When will the admission periods for the magister programs be opened?
The admission period is opened in each semester. For odd semesters, the admission process is opened in two waves of admission. The first wave of magister program admission will be scheduled in January until March while the second one will be scheduled in June until July.
For even semester, there will be only one wave of admission which will be scheduled in October until November. Please regularly check http://penerimaan.ui.ac.id/ during the aforementioned admission periods.
- What are the differences between Information Technology Magister Program and Computer Science Magister Program?
The Computer Science Magister Program is focused on science development in the field of Computer Science which also includes information technology, software engineering, and information system fields. Furthermore, this Computer Science Magister Program is a research-based magister program which each of its students will be affiliated and involved in one of eight research labs which are under Faculty of Computer Science Universitas Indonesia through their thesis project.
Meanwhile, the Information Technology Magister Program is an information technology experts-oriented which surely facilitate its students with both theoretical and practical science regarding the latest development of information technology. Most of lecturers have already had much experience in the field of information technology. Therefore, the focus of this program lies in developing the ability and managerial capability in the field of information technology that can successfully support a career in the information technology and communication industry.
- How many quota is for Information Technology Magister Program for each term?
The quota for Information Technology Magister Program is around 80 students respectively.
- Where would the lectures and activities take place?
All Information Technology Magister Program lectures and activities will take place Kampus UI Salemba. Furthermore, Faculty of Computer Science Universitas Indonesia also offers a Dual Mode lectures which have affiliated with several institutions. For further information, please go to this page (http://www.cs.ui.ac.id/lang/id/pendidikan/pascasarjana/magister-teknologi-informasi/?lang=en)
- Will executive (weekend) classes be offered?
- What is the Information Technology Magister Program Dual Mode Class?
Information Technology Program Dual Mode Class is a distance-learning program by using Information Technology. Lectures will be done by combining face to face learning session with self-learning through e-learning. Face to face learning session can also be done through video conference session. To enrol this program, student firstly must register to local partners of Fasilkom UI.
- What are those FASILKOM UI’s local partners?
- Faculty of Science and Technology, UIN Syarif Kasim, Riau
- STMIK (School of Information and Computer Management) Mikroskil, Medan
- STMIK Multi Data, Palembang
- STMIK Darmajaya, Bandar Lampung
- STMIK Nusa Palapa, Makassar
- PT Mitrais, Bali
- What are the prospective career paths for graduates of FASILKOM UI’s postgraduate programs?
Information Technology Magister Program graduates are expected to have skill and knowledge in the field of Information Technology in order to be a manager or CIO (Chief Information Officer) within an organization or company which extensively uses Technology Information. Most of these graduates usually are hired as Information Technology/Information System Auditor, Information Technology Manager, CIO both for private and governmental institutions, Software Engineer, Information Technology/Information System Consultant, and many more.
- Are there any scholarships available for the new students?
Yes, UI provides different types of scholarships, especially for those students who are also a university lecturer. For those who get accepted through Professional Category, you may possibly ask for scholarships to private agencies, such as Sampoerna and many others.
- Are there any financing services available for tuition fees?
Yes, Universitas Indonesia allows its students to pay their tuition fees by installments if it is needed by enclosing the letter of condition about the student’s financial situation.
- What is the length of information Technology Magister Program?
Normally, this program can be accomplished within 4 semesters long, with a normal workload. However, it is possible for a student to fast-track their program which will much depend on the total credits each semester that the student can apply.
- Does FASILKOM UI accept transfer students from other universities?
No. All prospective students have to go through the admissions process like the others new students. However, if they come in with credits of courses which have already been taken in the previous universities and could be proven to be equivalent to mandatory courses in FASILKOM’s program, then the credits can be transferred. The final decision regarding transfer credit cases rests with FASILKOM UI.
- Has FASILKOM UI’s Magister Programs got its accreditation?
Yes, The Computer Science Magister Program is accredited ‘A’.