- Producing and maintaining master’s graduates in the field of Computer Science which has strong scientific basic.
- Developing knowledge in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology which is relevant to national and global needs by implementing research and education in academic activities.
- Participating in improving the nation’s competitiveness through research and education in the field of Computer Science by referring to moral, ethical, and character values.
The Computer Science Magister Program which was opened in 1988 is designed to produce Computer Science research-oriented graduates to continue the Computer Science Undergraduate Program. Computer Science Magister Program academic activities are held in Kampus UI Depok. The Computer Science Magister Program emphasizes the consistency between postgraduate education and research activities. Academicians are expected to be actively involved in Faculty of Computer Science Universitas Indonesia research activities. Computer Science Magister Program curriculum has been well organized so that all academicians will have broaden knowledge and hands-on experience in the field of Computer Science research activities. The choices of courses are given so that academicians will be possible to arrange their education programs based on their interests.
- The candidate must have got an undergraduate degree (S1) in the field of computer science, informatics, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, or other fields related to computation.
- The minimum Undergraduate GPA or Indeks Prestasi Kumulatif / IPK that must be obtained by the the candidate is 3.00 in scale of 4.00.
- The candidate must have passed the admission test that is held by Universitas Indonesia (SIMAK UI) which consists of Academic Potential Test (TPA) and English academic test.
Length of Study Most of the Computer Science Magister Program students will have finished their education within 3 up to 4 terms. All lectures will be held in Kampus UI Depok. Admission Further information about student’s admission and admission schedule can be seen at www.simak.ui.ac.id. Further information about online admission for new students please go to www.penerimaan.ui.ac.id
- Possess character integrity in the field of science, especially in the field of Computer Science
- Understand the ethics research and ethics academia
- Up to date about the latest news and developments in the field of Computer Science
- Be able and motivated to learn and study any problems related to Computer Science
- Be able to use scientific approach in solving any problems related to Computer Science
Be able to develop new invention and innovation related to the development of Computer Science.
The Information Technology Magister Program curriculum is designed to support the Information Technology Management field of work (for instance, Information Technology/Information System Planning, Information Technology Implementation, Information Technology Management, Software Development, etc.) and several new field of work (for instance, consultant, integrated system, network infrastructure, e-business, IT Governance, etc.). This preparation career is surely supported by student’s responsibility to comprehend and specialize their interest in Information Technology through their thesis.
The Information Technology Magister Program curriculum (Magister-Teknologi-Informasi/MTI-UI) is built by two essential elements:
- IT Core which is purposed to provide competencies and skills about Information Technology to student. Those basic and important subjects will be taught in the first and second semester.
- Integrated System and Career Tracks which is purposed to improve student synthesizing ability about what they have learnt. All subjects of this part are optional; the main purpose is to discover students’ interest and career desires.
These optional subjects listed below can be applied by student in the third semester and fourth semester:
- Software engineering
- Enterprise Systems
- IT Governance
- Information Management
At the end of the program, all students have to write an academic paper.
The following table below can summarize the Information Technology Magister Program Curriculum.
The course detail can be downloaded at Master of Information Technology Curriculum.
The Faculty of Computer Science (Fasilkom) UI in cooperation with Queensland University (Australia) and RMIT University (Australia) offers a Double-Degree Master program. The study program will be conducted at Fasilkom UI for the first year and the second year at partner universities abroad. Students who have successfully graduated from this program will have two degrees (from Fasilkom UI and the partner university).
Fasilkom UI offers two Master programs:
Several master programs that are offered by the partner universities abroad:
(1) UQ (Australia)
Master of Information System. Further information please go to:
Master of Computer Science. Further information please visit:
(2) RMIT University (Australia)
Information Technology Master Program
Computer Science Master Program
Business (Information Systems) Master Program
Double Degree Master Program Registration Process
All prospective students must do online registration for SIMAK UI (Admission Test) at www.penerimaan.ui.ac.id, then choose the Master program of Fasilkom UI (S2-MIK or S2-MTI). Further information about registration and admission schedule is provided in Universitas Indonesia admission website. The selection process consists of administration process, academic potential test, and English test.
After have been officially accepted in Master Program of Fasilkom UI, the students are able to ask for Double Degree Master program with one of the partner universities to the head of Master Program Department in Fasilkom UI. Registration to the partner university will be done via online which depends on the information and guidelines in each partner university’s website. The selection process consists of filling all the administration process and submitting TOEFL/IELTS score.
Tuition and Scholarship Opportunities
Tuition for Double-Degree Master program can be done through private funding or scholarships. Student should look for Double-Degree Master Program scholarships by their self. Here are several scholar programs that are offered by institutions (e.g. LPDP scholarship, DIKTI scholarship, Australia Awards Scholarships, etc.) or other scholarship.
*For further information, please contact: email@example.com
- How many magister programs does FASILKOM UI offer?
FASILKOM UI offers three: two masters programs and one doctoral program.
- Information Technology Magister Program (MTI)
- Computer Science Magister Program (MIK)
- Computer Science Doctoral Program (DIK)
- How would one apply for admission for the aforementioned programs?
The only way to be accepted is through UI’s Entrance Selection (SIMAK UI).
- When will the admission periods for the magister programs be opened?
The admission period is opened in each semester. For odd semesters, the admission process is opened in two waves of admission. The first wave of magister program admission will be scheduled in January until March while the second one will be scheduled in June until July.
For even semester, there will be only one wave of admission which will be scheduled in October until November. Please regularly check http://penerimaan.ui.ac.id/ during the aforementioned admission periods.
- What are the differences between Information Technology Magister Program and Computer Science Magister Program?
The Computer Science Magister Program is focused on science development in the field of Computer Science which also includes information technology, software engineering, and information system fields. Furthermore, this Computer Science Magister Program is a research-based magister program which each of its students will be affiliated and involved in one of eight research labs which are under Faculty of Computer Science Universitas Indonesia through their thesis project.
Meanwhile, the Information Technology Magister Program is an information technology experts-oriented which surely facilitate its students with both theoretical and practical science regarding the latest development of information technology. Most of lecturers have already had much experience in the field of information technology. Therefore, the focus of this program lies in developing the ability and managerial capability in the field of information technology that can successfully support a career in the information technology and communication industry.
- How many quota is for Computer Science Magister Program for each term?
The quota for Computer Science Magister Program is around 30 students respectively.
- Where would the lectures and activities take place?
All Computer Science Magister Program lectures and activities will take place in Depok.
- Will executive (weekend) classes be offered?
- What are the prospective career paths for graduates of FASILKOM UI’s Magister programs?
Computer Science Magister Program graduates would have skill and knowledge to create science development in the field of information and communication technology through academic activities, such as research and of course education. Most of Computer Science Magister Program graduates become a lecturer and researcher in institutions/university.
- Are there any scholarships available for the new students?
Yes, UI provides different types of scholarships, especially for those students who are also a university lecturer. For those who get accepted through Professional Category, you may possibly ask for scholarships to private agencies, such as Sampoerna and many others.
- Are there any financing services available for tuition fees?
Yes, Universitas Indonesia allows its students to pay their tuition fees by installments if it is needed by enclosing the letter of condition about the student’s financial situation.
- What is the length of Computer Science Magister Program?
Normally, this program can be accomplished within 4 semesters long, with a normal workload. However, it is possible for a student to fast-track their program which will much depend on the total credits each semester that the student can apply.
- Does FASILKOM UI accept transfer students from other universities?
No. All prospective students have to go through the admissions process like the others new students. However, if they come in with credits of courses which have already been taken in the previous universities and could be proven to be equivalent to mandatory courses in FASILKOM’s program, then the credits can be transferred. The final decision regarding transfer credit cases rests with FASILKOM UI.
- Has FASILKOM UI’s Magister Programs got its accreditation?
Yes, The Computer Science Magister Program is accredited ‘A’.