Since 2002, the Faculty of Computer Science Universitas Indonesia (known as Fasilkom UI) has been establishing collaborations with several partner universities to offer an International Undergraduate Program in Computer Science. This program prepares its students to become graduates who can tackle challenges in the era of globalization, compete in regional and international job markets, and be able to pursue further advanced degrees. The program is run by highly qualified and experienced lecturers in the fields of Computer Science and Information Technology from involved institutions.
Our partners currently include:
- School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, University of Queensland (UQ), Australia.
- School of Computer Science and Information Technology, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Australia.
- College of Engineering & Computer Science, Australian National University (ANU), Australia.
- School of Information Technology, Deakin University, Australia.
Fasilkom UI is one of the foremost institutions in Indonesia which offers degree programs in computer science and information technology. Beginning from its roots, dating back to 1972, as a center for computer science, Fasilkom UI has played a key role in developing information technology in Indonesia, and continually delivers high-quality education, research, and services to meet the needs of its stakeholders.
The School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering at the University of Queensland is one of the largest and most prestigious of Australia’s universities. It is internationally acclaimed for its strength in teaching and research, and its qualifications are recognized worldwide.
The School of Computer Science and Information Technology at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology is a leading IT school in Australia, and aside from innovative and cutting-edge research, is well-known for its strong industrial links and balance between theory and practice.
The College of Engineering & Computer Science at the Australian National University is a leading center for research and education in Australia and committed to finding sustainable solutions to the world’s challenges.
The School of Information Technology at Deakin University offers a broad range of first-rate, industry-informed courses that give students the knowledge and skills needed to make a difference. These are supported through active research groups, centres, and partnerships, which produce globally-capable information technology graduates of the future.
Why Computer Science (CS) and Information Technology (IT)?
- CS and IT pervade our daily lives, every sector of business, and is set to play an even more prominent role in the future.
- The need for CS and IT professionals in the local, regional, and international job markets is very high.
- These fields advance fast with exciting opportunities in pushing the frontiers of science and technology.
- CS and IT today also supports creativity and entertainment, from social networking to games design.
Length of Study
This is a 4-year program (8 semesters). Depending on the degree offered by partner universities, the program is arranged as:
- 5 + 1.5 scheme, i.e., semester 1 – 5 at Fasilkom UI and semester 6 – 8 at a partner university.
- 2 + 2 scheme, i.e., semester 1 – 4 at Fasilkom UI and semester 5 – 8 at a partner university.
- Completion of high school (SMU) or equivalent programs within the last five years
- Satisfying English language requirement of Institutional TOEFL, certified by ETS (PBT score of 500 or iBT score of 61 or CBT score of 173) or IELTS score of 5.5.
- Passing the UI Entrance Examination for the International Undergraduate Program.
- Information on registration and admission: http://penerimaan.ui.ac.id.
- Information for international students: http://international.ui.ac.id
- Download Brochure – International Undergraduate Program in Computer Science
Why This Program?
The advantages of this program:
- High quality education from reputable universities in Indonesia and Australia.
- As an international student, you will have a unique opportunity to be part of this exciting program with a proven track record, that allows you to earn two Bachelor’s degrees: Sarjana Ilmu Komputer (S.Kom.) from UI and Bachelor of Information Technology or Bachelor of Computer Science from a partner university. For ANU, Bachelor of Advanced Computing (Honours) will be awarded.
- Lower study fees compared to taking a full-time undergraduate study in Australia.
- All courses offered both at Fasilkom UI and the partner university, are delivered in English.
- Intensive courses are conducted in small classes.
Courses offered in this program cover areas including:
- Intelligent Systems
- Systems and Architectures
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Scientific Computing
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Software Engineering
- User Experience Design
- Game Development
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
For more information about:
- School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, University of Queensland (UQ): http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/
- School of Computer Science and Information Technology, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT): https://www.rmit.edu.au/about/our-education/academic-schools/science
- College of Engineering & Computer Science, Australian National University (ANU): https://cecs.anu.edu.au/
- School of Information Technology, Deakin University: http://www.deakin.edu.au/information-technology
Curriculum Handbook of International Undergraduate Program in Computer Science: DOWNLOAD
- What is the difference between the International Undergraduate Program and the Regular Undergraduate Program regarding study offered in the program?
The International Undergraduate Program will award two degrees, namely Sarjana Ilmu Komputer (S. Kom.) from Universitas Indonesia and Bachelor of Information Technology or Bachelor of Computer Science from a partner university. For ANU, Bachelor of Advanced Computing (Honours) will be awarded.
The curriculum is relatively the same, though the structure of the curriculum is somewhat different, due to adjustment to the curriculum of partner universities. The substance of the courses is nevertheless the same.
- What is the time limit or the maximum term that a student should complete his/her study in both institutions?
Following the current UI’s regulation, the total period of study in both institutions is at most 12 semesters.
- What is the procedure for an international student who wishes to study in the International Undergraduate Program at Fasilkom UI?
Please see the procedure specified by UI at: https://admission.ui.ac.id/static/docs/UI_Admission_2018.pdf