The School of Computer Science & Information Technology at The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology is a leading IT school in Australia, and aside from innovative and cutting-edge research, is well-known for its strong industrial links and careful balance theory and practice.
- The need for IT professionals in the local, regional, and international job markets is very high
- It is a fast advancing area with exciting opportunities in pushing the frontiers of science and technology.
- IT today also supports creativity and entertainment, from social networking to games design.
Length of Study
- Period 1: Semester 1 – 5 at Fasilkom UI.
- Period 2: Semester 6 – 8 at ITEE UQ or CSIT RMIT.
Outstanding students will have the further opportunity to enter the Honours degree program at ITEE UQ. Facilities Students will have free Internet access and e-mail accounts, access to computer laboratories, libraries with vast reference collections, and other facilities provided by UI, UQ, and RMIT such as recreation and sporting facilities.
- Completion of high school (SMU) or equivalent program at any year (no age limit).
- Passing the UI International Class Program Entrance Test (Academic Potential Test and English Proficiency Test)
- Registration and information at http://penerimaan.ui.ac.id.
- For international students please click http://www.ui.ac.id.
- Download Brochure – International class for Computer Science
- UI Digital Catalog – International class for Computer Science
- High quality education from two reputable universities in Indonesia and Australia
- Graduates of this program will obtain double degrees: Sarjana Ilmu Komputer (S.Kom) from UI, and Bachelor of Information Technology (BInfTech) from UQ or Bachelor of Computer Science from RMIT
- Lower study fees compared to taking full undergraduate study in Australia
- All courses offered at both Fasilkom UI, ITEE UQ, and CSIT RMIT are delivered in English
- Intensive courses in small classes
- As an International Student, you will have a unique opportunity to be part of this exciting program with a proven track record one that allows you to earn two bachelor’s degrees at the same time, i.e. Sarjana Ilmu Komputer (S.Kom) from UI, and Bachelor of Information Technology (BInfTech) from UQ or Bachelor of Computer Science from RMIT.
Courses offered in this program cover areas including:
- Software Engineering
- Information Systems
- Scientific Computation
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Business Analysis
- Computer Graphics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cognitive Science
The curriculum is designed to be completed in 8 semesters (4 years). Students will have to take 91 credits (sks) at UI and 53 credits (sks) at ITEE UQ/CSIT RMIT.
Several Pathways UI-UQ 2017: download
Curriculum handbook International class for Computer Science (Indonesian Language): download
- What is the difference between the International Class and Regular Classes in terms of study offered in the program?
- Regarding the requirement to continue to UQ, with minimum GPA 2.50 and have to qualify the prescribed TOEFL (IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 570), what if the student is not eligible at the time he/she should continue his/her study to UQ? How many times they can try to meet the TOEFL requirement?
- What if the students have not been able to finish their studies at UQ in the specified time? How long is the time limit or the maximum term that a student can enter if he could not finish study at UQ in 3 semesters?
- If the student can not continue his study at UQ because of financial problems, can he continue his study at UI? Although, as the consequences, he is not able to achieve double degree.
- What is the procedure if there is foreign student who wish to study in International Class at Fasilkom UI
International Class Program will earn two degrees, namely Bachelor of Computer Science (S.Kom) from the Universitas Indonesia and Bachelor Of Information Technology (B.Inf Tech) from the University of Queensland (UQ).
The curriculum is relatively the same, there are some courses that somewhat different due to adjustment to the University of Queensland. Yet, the substance is relatively the same.
There is no limit to try, just as of the period of study at the Fasilkom UI is 12 semesters at maximum.
Total period of study in Indonesia and recognized UQ UI is 12 semesters.
No, but it is possible to continue to earn a degree at the UI as long as it can complement credits in other universities abroad that are recognized by UI (relatively equivalent with UQ).
No registration procedures set by the faculty, please see the procedures specified by UI at penerimaan.ui.ac.id