- Computer Labs
FASILKOM UI operates 600 PCs, placed in several general and research labs, all with 24-hour internet access.
- Research Laboratories
There are seven research labs on campus, catering to these seven fields:
- Digital Library and Distance Learning
- Reliable Software Engineering
- Computer Networks, Architecture and High Performance Computing
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Information Retrieval
- Information Management
- E-Government and E-Business
- Internet connection
UI utilizes an internet connection with 185 Mbps bandwidth, and the campus is also connected to the Indonesia Higher Education Network (INHERENT) with 155 Mbps bandwidth. Hotspots are available in several places on campus.
FASILKOM UI’s library collections is made up of approximately 11,000 books, magazines, journals, and research papers, including theses and student project reports. A digital library collection is also available, along with the supporting on-line services, that is called LONTAR
Lectures are supported by an online system dubbed the Student Centered e-Learning Environment (SCELE).
- Library Opening Hours: Monday – Friday : 08.00 am – 07.30 pm Saturday & Sunday : Close
Library of Faculty of Computer Science Universitas Indonesia was established in 1975 which was initially served to support Staf Pusilkom Salemba work performance. Then, the community itself and also its activity was growing rapidly which was marked by the establishment of Computer Science Study Program (PROSILKOM) Universitas Indonesia. Therefore, since 1986, every service policy was intended for PROSILKOM UI student, UI, PTN, and PTS. On 21st OCtober, 1993, PROSILKOM (Computer Science Study Program) officially became Fasilkom (Faculty of Computer Science) which is located at Kampus UI Depok. As the time goes by, technology is rapidly developing which becomes a part of almost human life, especially in the industrial countries and developing countries. In addition, the library itself is finally facilitated with e-book collections which consist of business administrative, knowledge management, mobile technologies, geographic information systems, IT management, engineering multimedia, enterprise resource planning, supply chain Management, customer relationship management, enterprise application integration, distribution system, interaction system, machine learning, soft computing, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Membership of Library of Faculty of Science Universitas Indonesia consists of:
- Staff of Faculty of Science Universitas Indonesia
- All students of Faculty of Science Universitas Indonesia (S1, S2, S3)
- Part time Staff
- General students/public
- Service System
- Closed-service system for all type of library collections
- Opened-service system for staff FASILKOM UI dan Pusilkom UI.
- Type of Supports
- Membership Service
- Circulation Service (borrowing and returning books)
- Borrow Book Service (journal/magazine, newspaper, and academic papers (
- Information Service via email, phone, fax
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog), finding any information about the collections of the library by using computers.
- Hotspot area: internet service area
- Reading room: reading room with power plugs and quiet room facility
- Borrowing Terms
- Faculty of Computer Science Universitas Indonesia Academic Staff:
- Length of borrowing period: 1 term
- Maximum number of borrowed books 15 buku
- Student of Faculty of Computer Science:
- Maximum borrowing period: 1 week
- Maximum number of borrowed books: 2 books
- Final year student (3 books)
- Overdue fines will be charged on late returns IDR 500 per one regular book, IDR 2500 per one hardcover book
- Item lost or damaged while on loan will be charged to the borrower at the the full replacement cost/book.